Located in - Lacey, WA
Whole Foods Market is seeking Full Time Order Selectors for our Distribution Center in Lacey, WA. Order selectors starting wage is $20/hr and are eligible to receive a productivity-based incentive.
1. 8 Week Selector Training Completion = $200*
2. $500 bonus at 6-month and 12-month anniversary
3. Earn up to $4* per hour + Base rate
4. Performance review at 6-months
*Will vary based on productivity/accuracy
This position will have a 12:30PM Mon-Sat; 12:00PM Sunday shift start time, will work to completion, and have a rotating 4-day/ 10-hour workweeks (no shipping Wednesdays) including weekends and holidays. (Schedules are subject to change.)
At Whole Foods Market, we Sell the Highest Quality Natural and Organic Products. This starts with in our Distribution Centers. Order Selectors are responsible for operating electric/motorized ride-on standing pallet jacks in a refrigeration/freezer environment. The Order Selectors are also responsible for operating a voice-based headset system that aids in the selection of products shipped to our locations. As part of the selection process, manually stack products onto pallets, lifting up to 70lbs, wrap and prepare products for shipment.
Whole Foods Market offers a comprehensive benefits program to full time Team Members including health, dental and vision plans, life insurance plans, critical illness and accident plans, and wellness programs. Full time and part time team members receive paid time off plan, 401k plan, Team Member Assistance Program and a
Job Requirements and Basic Qualifications:
• Use voice-based order system to pull and palletize store orders
• Manually stacking product onto pallets, wrapping, and preparing product for shipment.
• Respect all Good Organics compliances when stacking product
• Operating an electric/motorized ride on standing pallet jack (either single or double)
• Assist in cleaning the warehouse, maintaining a safe working environment
• Comply with all applicable health and safety codes
• Communicate and maintain employee safety and security standards
• Arrive to work on time, wear appropriate PPE, work all scheduled shifts, complete required trainings and attend required meetings.
• Ability to read and speak basic English
• Must be 18 years of age
• Perform other duties as assigned by Team Leader, Associate Team Leader, Facility Leadership.
Skills/Requirements and Professional Knowledge:
• Experience working with an electric/motorized ride on standing pallet jack (either single or double)
• Experience with voice systems a plus
• Team-player with positive attitude
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Able to work well with others, self-motivated, and capable of working independently with little supervision
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
• Ability to stand or walk at least 10 hours, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend and reach with or without reasonable accommodation
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs, Occasionally lift up to 70 lbs (team lift suggested for weights in excess of 70 lbs)
• Work in a cold/wet storage facility environment (ranging from -10 (freezer) to 46 degrees Fahrenheit). General warehouse temps 34-46 degrees, Freezer -10 degrees
• Regularly getting on and off powered equipment, stepping on and off throughout shift
• Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling
• Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, headset
• Average shifts are 8-10 hours long
• Ability to work a rotating schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
• Team Members receive their schedule up to 3 weeks in advance
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.